Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight

Remember the old nursery rhyme about "... How does your garden grow?" Well, look! Our has sprouted a ton of snow! Now, you may balk at the thought, but you need to remember that we have a couple of hundred bulbs in for the spring. It will be great!

This is our lonely BBQ. Obviously we are not using it much right now. We are going to try to light up a barrel smoker for Thanksgiving next week. Stay tuned for details.

Yes, as the title says, this is twilight. Actually, the time is more like 9 pm, but we are on the way to Twilight, the movie. (FYI, sunset here today was 4:30ish, twilight lasted for about 42 minutes) We prepurchased tickets for the early showing of the movie. Early here is defined as 10 p.m. on opening day, but one cannot be too choosy in cases of first run movies. Joseph and Samuel are a bit excited that we are off to the show. Can you tell?


That is Jacob catching the "little boys."



The 4 heroes.
The general thought of almost everyone in the movie was "two enthusiastic thumbs up." Since we have all read the books, we decided the movie follows the story line pretty well. The characters we saw in our minds as we read were all a bit different, but in general, we agreed they did a pretty good job casting the film. There were about 15 other members of the Ward there too. As a matter of fact, other than us 4 guys, and one other young man we know, there were only about 12 other enlightened men in the joint. These guys are either A) making HUGE deposits in the love account, or B) dorks. A) is the right answer.
Joe Bob says, "Check It Out!"




1 comments:

Ashley and Drue said...

I still can't believe that you have read the twilight series. I haven't yet and now I'm not sure I will.... But I think you might all be scoring HUGE points in the loving area- premature though it may be- and, I will say it, I love you all, but you're also "b". I love my dorks!