For Independence Day, we drove to Albuquerque for a visit with family there. Here is Karen with one of her quilts.
Here is a close up of the free form quilting with variegated thread, and detail of the large cat in the middle of the quilt. Double click the picture to zoom for additional details.
James found a great spot from which to watch the fireworks display. As soon as we got there, a rain squall came through and drenched everyone. We huddled in the cars for a few minutes, and then emerged for a beautiful sunset, great picnic supper, and the show. All the boy cousins - Joseph, Samuel, "Uncle Ben", Austin, and Andrew - had those little poppers that you throw on the ground and they POP like a miniature firecracker. after throwing them at anything and everything, anyone and everyone, they came up with a plan.If one is good, let's open up a bunch of them, and make a big one. They started with 10. Bigger POP. Ok, that was good, now let's try 100. Holy smokes, Batman!
One afternoon, James got out the bicycles for a little ride. Andrew had just learned how to ride, but still needs help on the finer points of stopping - like put your feet down before you stop moving. The tandem was by far the most entertaining ride of the day. Joseph and I rode it. from my point of view (the front seat) it was what I imagine peddling around with an elephant would be like. Me: "Just sit still and pedal!" Him: (giggling) "I am." Me: "No you're not!" Him: (laughing maniacally) "Yes, I am."
One afternoon, James got out the bicycles for a little ride. Andrew had just learned how to ride, but still needs help on the finer points of stopping - like put your feet down before you stop moving. The tandem was by far the most entertaining ride of the day. Joseph and I rode it. from my point of view (the front seat) it was what I imagine peddling around with an elephant would be like. Me: "Just sit still and pedal!" Him: (giggling) "I am." Me: "No you're not!" Him: (laughing maniacally) "Yes, I am."



0 comments:
Post a Comment