Sunday, August 30, 2009

What I Did on My Summer Vacation - (end of the saga)

This is a reprise performance for James of the now world famous "Fork in the Garbage Disposer" dance by the Los Simpson Boys. The joy and innocence in his admiration and laughter are reasons to celebrate connections between generations and the impacts of those connections.

It is hard for us to determine who had more fun during our visit, James, or the rest of our family. His interactions with Jacob, Joseph, and Samuel were totally joyous. Will he remember them next time we get together? I think so. I think there is a bond in families that transcends time and space, allowing us to capture and treasure moments. I remember some really great times spent with grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins at family events even when we only got together sporadically due to lives and livelihoods in distant locations.

I hope he will be able to receive similar blessings and forge similar memories.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow you guys are on a roll...nice to get all caught up with you. Loved the little video..James is so cute, and the uncle of course.. and loved hearing your voice and giggle Michelle. Garbage disposal...music to our ears coming from you! Miss you! B