Sunday, August 16, 2009

Asombro me Da (I Stand all Amazed)

Exactly 20 years ago, at this very moment, I was gazing into the heavens at a truly wonderful sight, a total lunar eclipse, while holding the hand of my beautiful wife. The sight of the shadow of the Earth covering the full moon that night was magnificent, even if it was a little bit eerie. We were at a wedding reception in Los Angeles, California, with 3 of our 5 children (see below), Amy, Ashley, and Jacob. The reception was held at the home of some very close wonderful friends, the Michels family, and it was held in our honor. Just a few hours had past since we were married in the Los Angeles Temple in the presence of family and friends.

We are now physically far away from family, and most of those friends, but the memories remain as bright as our old age allows. We have made new friends along a journey that has taken us to places we never dreamed of in those days.



The family has changed too, with the additions of Joseph and Samuel. They have brought, and continue to bring laughter and love to our home. Amy, Ashley, and Jacob have all grown and moved on to new adventures in their lives, and while we miss them, we really are more excited for them to continue to grow and live the lives they now have. We taught them correct principles so they could govern themselves. Hopefully, they will choose the right along the way and rely on the teachings of the gospel, as we have.

So, what does the future bring for us? We don't really know. There are too many things to worry about, and too few moments to share, so we cherish the latter and know that there is a resolution and solution for all the worries. One of these days we hope to find out all the answers, but by then, the test will be over, and grades will be posted, so to speak.

In the mean time, we will continue to enjoy the blessings of family and friends, and the blending of the two, growing over the years to love each other and serve each other more and more.

Darlin', I love you. I always have, and I always will.

Hugs and Kisses...

3 comments:

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

Happy Anniversary!! So happy to hear from you. Keep those blog posts coming. Alan hug Michelle for me!

D and C said...

You guys are THE cutest couple in the world. I cherish you both so much and I am so greatful for your example of love and respect. Thank you for being YOU!!!
LOVE YOU BOTH!!! Happy Anniversary!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful couple. I miss you guys! Have a great anniversary and thanks for coming back to your blog. It has been too long. You have a beautiful family~we love you!!