Saturday, August 29, 2009

What I Did On My Summer Vacation - another part deaux (the last, almost)

The culmination of the holiday trip was the visit with Ashley and her family in Salt Lake City, to meet our newest grandson, Oliver. We were also there for his blessing in Sacrament meeting.

See how calm Oliver is? He is so sweet and cuddly.


He is so sweet and cuddly when big uncle Joe steals his favorite new hat.

He is so sweet and cuddly when uncle Sam holds him.

He is so sweet and cuddly when... Hey, Wait a minute here! (this seems to be a normal reaction whenever I hold a baby. I think they are allergic to me.)

We attended the open house of the Oquirrah Mountain Temple in South Jordan, Utah. It is a beautiful Temple, and we all enjoyed the opportunity to walk through and see the Temple before it is dedicated.

The weather was good, but a small breeze did kick-up in the early afternoon.


"Gig 'Em, Aggies!"

James loves his cars and trucks, and I was the hero of the day with new ones for him, until Amy showed up with cars from the movie.
The little brothers

Joseph and James played with all sorts of cars and trucks, and helicopters. they also played in the park, and fed the birds when we went to a local drive in for dinner. Did you know pigeons love chicken? Me neither.

I love this face. I can only guess that he meant it for the camera, not poor Samuel.

Look, Oliver is even sweet and cuddly for Amy!


The three musketeers - All for one and one for all!
While James and I feed chicken nuggets to the birds, Ashley prepares another fry in her best OCD mode.


A priest, a rabbi and Barak Obama walk into a bar... (no, it was funnier than that.)
We enjoyed the company of the Cabrera family at a picnic in Liberty Park. It was really good to see them all again.

The company was good, the drinks were good, hippies behaved themselves for the most part, It was a good day.


James and Joseph playing again.
The end, except for a video or two to be added later.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

So nice to see all you Simpsons in one pace! Wonderful, huh?