Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jacob Alan

24 March 1987, 6:05 a.m., Bryan, Texas. 10 pounds, 2 ounces, 21 inches. I had known his name for many many years, and he finally showed up. We have loved him since then, and will continue to love him for ever. He has grown a bit since then...

On one of the first real family vacations we ever had, at Lake Tahoe over Easter break in 1991. We played in the snow, built snow men, and skipped stones into the lake.

July 2008, Jacob returned from serving an honorable full time mission to our home in Fort McMurray, Alberta. We were so glad to have him home to be with his brothers for a while before he went off to college in Rexburg.

Amy came to visit in October 2008. Jacob helped me smuggle her into town without Michelle knowing. Michelle was very surprised, and we enjoyed the visit.

A proper trip to Fort Mac is not complete without a trip to see the Barons play hockey.

Last Summer, we all got together in Salt Lake City to visit with Ashley and her family before they moved to Nebraska so Drew could get his Doctorate Degree. Jacob was a natural with James. We are not sure who ate more ice cream that night, but we all enjoyed being together.

Jacob missed this shot. If you squint real hard, you can just imagine him there, in the back, on the right.

Happy Birthday Jacob. We love you and miss you, but we know you're doing the right thing in pursuing your education. (and dating - hint, hint)


2 comments:

Jacob said...

Thank you dad, I enjoyed the pictures, and the comments. I think I will try and save those photos to my computer for later use.

Bonnie said...

Happy very belated birthday to Jacob! I saw Amy at Kathy's funeral. Hugging her was like hugging you, Michelle! Loved seeing her.