Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Youth is Wasted on Youth" - anon.

Combined Activity. It is to give the youth a chance to bond together. In May we performed a bit of service. In June it was the annual game of Ultimate Frisbee. This year we also added a pizza bake. Next year perhaps a lobster boil. I have people that know people. Have your people call mine...

First we have to pick teams, so everyone puts in one shoe. Then one person randomly picks shoes for each side and tosses the shoes to the areas for the teams. After all shoes are firmly back in place, the games begin...

After we make pizzas for later.

You choose it, You eat it. Some are fancy, and some simpler, but all were top shelf delicious.

Mugging for the cam.

Great catch. Samuel reaches for one, and makes the catch after a near catastrophic fumble near the end zone.

"Mine! Mine! Mine!"

Chicken Ultimate? Not real practical, but too much fun not to try.

Me too! Can I get a ride too?

Remember when you could do this without barfing? Me neither. That was too long ago, and I have slept since then.

Broken Joe. Actually just a sprained ankle, and a pretty good sprain at that. After one day on crutches, he wanted off them. Sorry Charlie, stay off the ankle means to really stay off of it.

The YW completed a quilt for another of their ranks who is graduating high school this summer.

Jessica makes a basket.

Selina makes another one.

"He is sooooo cute when he does that. I lllllooooooove it!" she whispered as inconspicuously as a nun in a Victoria's Secret catalog.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Look at our slender Michelle! We're on Oprah when we hit our goal. Everyone in the group, right? Long distance works with Lanette's vlog.

Ashley and Drue said...

Joseph's foot is beautiful! I know the crutches are awful, but its a great story for posterity. I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeeks!!!!

Jacob said...

I like the pictures. I made a new post. and my new URL is the same as the old one, but with an "a" in between jacob and simpson. see if it works, and let me know please.