Sunday, June 7, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jig

Sundays are good days. This one especially because I am home again after 2 weeks away from Fort McMurray on course. I attended a program for Executive Business Development at the Richard Ivey School of Business in London, Ontario. It is a mini MBA program teaching an overview on all aspects of business, from strategy, to accounting, to finance, to communication, to corporate social responsibility, to etc... Ivey uses the case syudy method, and the class investigated, in depth, over 30 business cases.

It was fantastic, and I have many many more things to learn to be a better manager and business leader.


Upon returning home, I attended a concert in the park presented by the high school bands. I was very pleased to hear Joseph and Samuel play, and was also pleased to see signs of spring and summer. The trees are green, and the grass too, but I was really pleased to see blossoms on many fruit trees around town, like this apple tree in the park at the concert.

Los boys in a favorite picture place. See how green it is on the hill in the background?

This is what we mean by smile.

That is better. This is on the side of the road from the church to home. The Clearwater river is in the valley below. The path right behind us is a walking/bike path that runs all the way through town.

Here is the view on the way to the golf course. The course itself is also quite beautiful, running along the Athabasca River Valley.

The wind only blows the hair of the beautiful people.

Last year there were 2 lodges on this little path of muskeg, and this year there are 3. We have yet to see the local inhabitants, but perhaps we have to camp out and wait. I like the dam in the foreground, engineering at its finest.

3 comments:

Jacob said...

I loved the pictures. mom looks good too.

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

Michelle you look beautiful!! You always do but these pictures show you're new fit and healthy self!! By the way - the babies are being blessed on the July 4 weekend. If you're in town come for the family party afterward - you're family for sure!!

Bonnie said...

You guys look great! Oliver is very cute.. I his photos on Ashley's blog!
Miss you!