The local Garden Store here is called Dunvegen Gardens. They have one store in town, a very nice nursery that has most everything one could want for home gardening and landscaping. Their other location is known as "The Farm." It has a huge greenhouse and many large fields planted with vegetables and fruits. The strawberries are small, but full of flavor. The other vegetables, like these beets, are really great too.
These are some of our friends, Julia Fixen (from the other Ward here in Fort Mac), her 2 daughters, and her husband in the back ground. On the left in the striped shirt is the son of Barbie Bullock, the First Councilor in the YW in our War, Lochland (Locky). I think the field is lovely.
Locky had a great time in the field of berries, He and the 2 girls picked and ate lots of berries and a little bit of mud. I hope they remember this trip when they are older.
The field was a little on the damp side and the mud a bit on the sticky side, but the experience was fantastic. We could pick as many berries as we could fit in the bucket for $12. The mud washed off, but the fun of the day did not. I'm pretty sure there is no food in the world better than any food you harvest yourself.
The long and (un)winding road. Barbie and Locky at the end of the day with their load of berries. He carried most of his in his stomach, content and loved.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Strawberry Fields Forever
Posted by CA Poppy at 7:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Michelle you must be in heaven with all those beautiful plants! About my dress - I'm going to make a skirt from the dress I got online. The kids say the dress looks too old fashioned. I'll take a picture of the dress tomorrow and you can tell me what you think.
Michelle, I absolutely love this picture of your feet in the mud. That is one thing I love about you~you are just so OK with having your beautifully maintained pedicured feet and your high end sandals nearly up to your ankles in mud. You are such an earthy woman...I love that. I always think of your digging in your little garden plot with your spoon. You amaze! I need more pictures of the rest of you...not just those cute toes! I miss my pedicure/therapy sessions. Come back!
i wanted to say I think you are an awesome blogger. You have done a great job and I hope you are enjoying it. I know the rest of us are. Every time we got out Jim is telling people about the wide open country he has been viewing on your blog. He even dreamed he went up there for a camp-out.
Post a Comment