Thursday, July 24, 2008

Success Drives Home a Point or Two.

Well, Joseph has earned his drivers permit (heaven help us all). Here in Alberta, the drivers permit is available to youth of 14 years old. So, after studying hard for days on end, he took the test and passed. Now he is singing the "Can I Drive?" song. (double click the photo for a closer look at the permit)

Jacob, however, has decided that since the motorcycle accident perhaps it is better that he just run here and there. He developed a love for running as a missionary, and he also developed a love for "green shakes" (see below). After a recent run, he looks like a million bucks, but he does not smell like it.
Nor does he feel like it. He says he likes the running shoes, but the face says more than that. Notice how the flowers behind him are leaning away from his feet too?
Elvis has left the building.
This is one of the famous "green shakes," which consists of fruit and yogurt. The color seems to be more of a deep muave to me, but I am not known for my color picking abilities. Perhaps the green part comes from the organic-ishness of the ingredients. He had a friend over on this particular day, they had been running in the local park. He claims to have been running with her, not running for her. She is a beautiful young woman, and a univercity soccer player, so I'm sure he may have been running from her with all the zeal of a recent RM. (lol)

2 comments:

D and C said...

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! I wish I was a Canadian now! lol! Thank you SO MUCH for your call, you made my year! I just love my Simpsons and miss them terribly!!! Keep updating, I LOVE to stalk you guys!!!
MISS YOU!
Deanna

CA Poppy said...

We love you too! Sam has great memories of you as his teacher. There's a honeymoon suite downstairs for you and Christian. Give us a shout and we'll have it ready!