Sunday, March 23, 2008

Egg Hunt in the snow

Joseph and Sam hid Easter eggs in the snow. It was the Simpson annual dusk egg hunt which took place in Ft McMurray. We enjoyed 50 F for a few hours and can see some grass under the snow. We'll have about six more weeks of winter. May 20th is the planting day -I'm looking forward to that day. We had dinner at one of my beehive's house and I noticed that their family had their tomato seedlings on the counter - so I'm inspired to start my seeds tomorrow.

tomorrow is also the first day of Spring Break and I'll be taking Joseph and Sam and the Beehives to Vista Ridge (a ski hill in town ) to snowboard. The girls said that they only went skiing but I suggested that they try snowboarding and they could all struggle together. The girls said that the cafeteria sells the best 'poutin' (fries w/gravy and cheese) and Joseph and Sam seemed very interested in that. Wish me well on this jaunt.

I've decided that one of the big sadness' is that I have not known these people for 12 years . Having said that know that I'm cultivating relationships and see how kind people are in including us. Every house that we've been to for dinner has ended with a board game or cards - we've got to hone our game playing skills.

I miss your hands, feet, and your yards !

love from Ft Mac,
Michelle

5 comments:

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

I'm so happy that you're blogging!!! It's so good to hear about your adventures. I'm sure the snowboarding will be fun. You've inspired me to get those tomato seeds going!

I cut some flowers for the Easter table and thought of your loving kindess in making my yard so beautiful. -I'm so happy for computers - it's like you're still here!

Bonnie said...

Michelle, you did it! awesome! I am writing this from Italy! We flew over Edmonton and thought of you yesterday...it looks cold there still. I need to help Laura with the groceries but just wanted to pop in for sec. More alter. It sounds like the egg hunt was fun. Utah did theirs in the snow too.

Bonnie said...

I agree with Lanette...it feels like you are back among us now. Awesome!

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Hello My Michelle!
I am so glad to read your blog. Please please blog often. Even if you think the stuff you are bloggin about is boring, we won't. We just want to hear all about your life there, to trick our minds into thinking that you are here. So keep up the good work. So let me guess this means you already have a calling working with the beehives then? They must have been so excited to meet you that first Sun. Your like fresh meat!!! :) I think of you often and want you to know I miss you. But please keep blogging and we can keep in touch & life will be good! I will be counting down the days until sun for you my friend! Love you Marianne

Faye said...

Michelle, I'm so glad you have got your blog going. I have been meaning to call - now that I am back home and on the mend I wanted to catch up - I got your phone # from Michelle March - and then somehow misplaced it (and she is in Utah for the next few days). Give me a call or e-mail me your new # in Canada so I can call and catch up. I'm wanted to talk to you about the boys plans for the summer. - Faye