Look!
Over yonder!
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, It is a One Piece.
This is so exciting! Samuel was overjoyed at the arrival of the new outfit. He plans to wear it to Mutual tonight, and to school on Friday in the a.m., and then to the ski hill in the p.m.
Below is my favorite look of the new One Piece.
We were having breakfast this morning and we saw a car pull up in front of our house. Out pops a Somali cab driver and he slinks to the door looking like he is trying not to be recognized by his buddies. (was he embarrassed by the unknown contents of the box he was delivering?) He dropped the box, rang the door bell and bolted! You would have thought he had been shot out of a cannon. He bounded back to the cab, and sped away - at least as fast as is possible with 6 inches of snow on the street.
Michelle told Joseph to let him get away before answering the door, in case he was trying to be kind of like a secret Santa or something. Joseph retrieved the box, and we immediately started to scheme about how to make Samuel work for it. Eventually we were over ruled by the boss, and just put the box on his bed to await his return from school.
At about 3:15 p.m. he came home, and could not contain his glee at the prospect of the new duds. He carefully opened the box, read the note from his uncle, and then ran to his room to put on the wonder-garment. He stopped by the bathroom to look at himself in the mirror before presenting himself for the unveiling.
I was waiting, in eager anticipation, much like the family members on those remake shows on TV where people "unveil" themselves after some miraculous transformation. Samuel sauntered into the room, looking for all the world like Kermit the Frog, except for the "Sylvester ate the Tweety Bird" grin on his face. I'm pretty sure Cinderella felt the same way after spying her new prom dress from the fairy godmother. It was a magical moment to be sure.
Samuel, my hat is off to you for your fashion style, and bravery. I am eager to hear of the reaction of his friends and classmates.
to be continued...

2 comments:
oh my. Kermit in deed. Sam is a brave brave boy. But with swagger like that, he can pull it off EASILY.
This is just great. I enjoyed reading this. I miss you all. I remember our reunion at the wedding with great joy. I saw Jacob at my front door not too long ago. Wow, that was wonderful. He looks joyous. I hope he gets on with the Oakland PD. You are in our hearts and prayers. XOXO
Love, Bonnie
Post a Comment