Monday, September 22, 2008

Hey Girls and Boys! Fall in Fort Mac

This is the son of the YW First Councilor and his Ninja Turtles. He calls me "Young Women's." See my new living room rug? It is our anniversary gift this year, hand knotted in Mexico. I love it!
We recently had a cooking class at the house, Here Jessica is cutting squash for Calabacitas. She had just passed her Safe Cutting Test in a high school food prep class that afternoon.
Shelby and Jenny make a fresh salsa in a molcajete ( the stone mortar) that is over 100 years old. It belonged to my Grandmother Luciana Rede Franco. This is our Mexican Independence Day Dinner Celebration. We had Chile Colorado, Chile Verde, Frijoles, Arroz, Calabacitas, and Haagen-Dazs Mayan Chocolate and Dulce de Leche Ice Cream.
Dana, Jenny, Jessica, Bailey, and Wendy say "Buenas Noches y Adios."
After the boys got home from their mutual activity, they had a little dish too. Sam wants to know why the YM never have any good stuff for mutual. We had to explain to him that Scouts is the good stuff for him.

There was a women's weekend here a couple of weeks ago at the Sport and Wellness Center here in town. There were booths of vendors, and demonstrations. After the shopping, we all went out to dinner at Moxie's (a trendy restaurant here in town) and then to the movies to see Mama Mia. It was a great time out with my friends.

Here Diane looks at a new purse in her favorite colour. Her family just moved here from Lethbridge in southern Alberta. Her husband works at Casman with Alan.
Barb and Sid the pan man. We all bought pans from him, but his show was really good, and the pans are outstanding. I love mine. It is made in Germany from titanium, and you do not need water or oil to cook in it. And clean up is just a simple wipe with a dry paper towel. The pans are nearly indestructible. We will try out that theory at Girls Camp next year.
Jody, Barb, and Janelle with some of the spoils from the girls night out.

Last weekend, We all went to Edmonton for some shopping. Alan bought the boys suits, and then we hit Costco. I got a manicure and pedicure from a local shop, not the best, but it was nice to have it done for me.
Joseph hanging out after YW on Sunday with some of my girls.

Los Guapos del Norte. In other words, Los Tres Negros y el Otro. (not the 3 Amigos) As you can see, fall is on the way, and winter will surely follow
Hugs and Kisses, boy style.
"I look like a model." said Senor Suave.
"No, I look like a model. (Senor Suave, Junior)
Got a little Captain in you? Me neither.




2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I just love everything about this post except...no pictures of you, Michelle! That's the rule you have to put some of you in too. Your rug is gorgeous, the new friends look so awesome and I am so glad you saw Mamma Mia...did you love it?

True confessions, I cried in that movie...nor than once. Loved the Dancing Queens segment...a celebration of womanhood.

Ashley and Drue said...

Awesome suits guys- Since you're keeping up with your "girly" literature (Twilight? yuck!) I hope the suits add to your repetoire of girls! Joseph, you look SUPER in your tan suit. Sambi, you are so FREAKING TALL!!! Jacob, what can I say? You're just CUTE! I can't wait to see you again! love, ashley